|Rev (5/26/2015) — Available in PDF format
The terms and conditions detailed herein (“Agreement”) apply to your (“Customer”) purchase from MCC of MCC hardware (“Hardware”), licenses to use MCC software (“Software”), and Non-MCC Branded Products (collectively the “Product(s)"), as well as MCC hardware and software services and support ("Services"). MCC means the National Instruments affiliate identified on the Quote, order acknowledgement, or invoice, or in the absence of an identified National Instruments affiliate, then National Instruments Corporation. THIS AGREEMENT SHALL APPLY UNLESS CUSTOMER AND MCC HAVE ENTERED INTO A SEPARATE SIGNED AGREEMENT APPLICABLE TO THE PURCHASE OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. By placing an order with MCC, Customer agrees to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. MCC EXPRESSLY OBJECTS TO AND REJECTS ANY TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN CUSTOMER’S PURCHASE ORDER OR OTHER SIMILAR DOCUMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS, PROMPTLY NOTIFY MCC AND RETURN THE PRODUCT UNUSED IN ITS ORIGINAL PACKAGING TO MCC.
1. PRICES AND ORDERS. Prices are set forth in the quotation issued to Customer (“Quote”). All Quotes expire thirty (30) days from date of issuance, unless otherwise stated in the Quote. All orders are subject to acceptance at the sole discretion of MCC. Orders will be considered accepted once MCC books an order and sends Customer a sales order acknowledgement. MCC shall not be bound by changes to an order unless agreed by MCC in writing. MCC reserves the right to cancel any order if any information provided by Customer to MCC is inaccurate.
2. PAYMENT AND INVOICING. Payment is due at the time the order is placed. If Customer is approved for credit, payment shall be due within thirty (30) days from the date of invoice (“Invoice Date”). Payment shall be in the currency listed on the MCC invoice. All sums not paid when due shall accrue interest daily at a monthly rate of the lesser of 1.5% or the highest rate permissible by law. If there are multiple units in an order, each unit will be invoiced when shipped.
3. DELIVERY, TITLE and RISK OF LOSS. Title and risk of loss to Products (for Software, the media) shall pass to Customer upon shipment from MCC, its warehouses, or its affiliated companies; provided however, MCC retains a security interest and right of possession in the Products until Customer makes payment in full. For orders to be delivered within the same country as the MCC entity accepting the order, MCC will arrange the shipping; however, Customer is responsible for all shipping and handling fees set forth in the invoice. If Customer chooses to arrange for shipping or if the order is placed with an MCC entity outside the country of the applicable shipping destination, Customer is responsible for all shipping and handling, including fees, customs, formalities and clearance. Shipment dates provided by MCC are estimates only, and MCC shall have no liability for losses or claims resulting from late delivery of Products. Claims for shipment shortage shall be deemed waived unless presented to MCC in writing within forty-five (45) days of Invoice Date.
4. TAXES. Prices exclude, and Customer is responsible for, any sales, use, service, value added, and like taxes (“Taxes”) arising from the purchase of the Products and Services. If Customer is exempt from any Taxes, it must provide MCC with the appropriate tax exemption documentation at the time the order is placed.
5. SOFTWARE. Software is licensed pursuant to the software license agreements provided with the software or, in the absence of such license agreements, the National Instruments Software License Agreement available at http://www.mccdaq.com/legal.aspx at the time of purchase. All software is licensed, not sold, and title to the software remains with the applicable licensor(s).
6. RETURN POLICY. Customer may return standard Products within thirty (30) days of the Invoice Date. MCC reserves the right to charge Customer a fifteen percent (15%) restocking fee for any Products returned to MCC. No returns will be accepted after the thirty (30) day period has expired. A Return Material Authorization (RMA) number is required for Customer to return any Products. Acceptance of returns of customized Products and Non-MCC Branded Products is in the sole discretion of MCC.
7. Limited Warranty. MCC manufactured and branded hardware Products are warranted against defect in material and workmanship for the life of the product unless otherwise noted below. Products resold by MCC carry the original manufacturer’s warranty. Certain MCC hardware Products are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a limited period of time from the date MCC ships the Products to Customer (“Delivery Date”) as follows: USB-500 Series hardware Products (one (1) year); the USB-600 Series hardware Products (one (1) year); USB-5100 Series hardware Products (one (1) year); Solid State Relays (one (1) year); ISO-5B modules (one (1) year); SC-8B modules (one (1) year); CB-COM Series hardware Product (one (1) year); Custom Design hardware product (one (1) year); IOtech branded hardware Products (one (1) year). Any products found to be defective in material or workmanship will be repaired, replaced with same or similar device, or refunded at MCC’s sole discretion. All software Products are licensed to Customer under the terms of the appropriate Measurement Computing license. For a period of ninety (90) days from the Delivery Date, MCC software Products (when properly installed with MCC hardware Products) (a) will perform substantially in accordance with the accompanying written materials, and (b) the medium on which the software product is recorded will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and service. Customer must obtain a Return Material Authorization number from MCC before returning any Products under warranty to MCC. Customer shall pay expenses for shipment of repaired or replacement Products to and from MCC. After examining and testing a returned product, if MCC concludes that a returned product is not defective, Customer will be notified, the product returned at Customer's expense, and a charge made for examination and testing. This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the Products has resulted from accident, abuse, misapplication, improper calibration by Customer, Customer supplied third party software not intended for use with the applicable MCC software, utilization of an improper hardware or software key or unauthorized maintenance or repair. MCC's sole obligation (and Customer's sole remedy) with respect to the foregoing Limited Warranty shall be to, at its option, return the fees paid or repair/replace any defective Products, provided that MCC receives written notice of such defects during the applicable warranty period. Customer may not bring an action to enforce its remedies under the foregoing Limited Warranty more than one (1) year after the accrual of such cause of action. THE REMEDIES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE EXCLUSIVE AND THE CUSTOMER’S SOLE REMEDIES, AND SHALL APPLY EVEN IF SUCH REMEDIES FAIL OF THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
8. NO OTHER WARRANTIES. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AND MCC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM USAGE OF TRADE OR COURSE OF DEALING. MCC DOES NOT WARRANT, GUARANTEE, OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES IN TERMS OF CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. MCC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE OPERATION OF THE PRODUCTS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE.
9. WARNING AND CUSTOMER INDEMNITY. CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDS AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ARE NOT DESIGNED, MANUFACTURED, OR TESTED FOR USE IN LIFE OR SAFETY CRITICAL SYSTEMS, HAZARDOUS ENVIRONMENTS OR ANY OTHER ENVIRONMENTS REQUIRING FAIL-SAFE PERFORMANCE, INCLUDING IN THE OPERATION OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES; AIRCRAFT NAVIGATION; AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEMS; LIFE SAVING OR LIFE SUSTAINING SYSTEMS OR SUCH OTHER MEDICAL DEVICES; OR ANY OTHER APPLICATION IN WHICH THE FAILURE OF THE PRODUCT OR SERVICE COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, SEVERE PROPERTY DAMAGE OR ENVIRONMENTAL HARM (COLLECTIVELY, "HIGH-RISK USES"). FURTHER, CUSTOMER MUST TAKE PRUDENT STEPS TO PROTECT AGAINST PRODUCT AND SERVICE FAILURES, INCLUDING PROVIDING BACK-UP AND SHUT-DOWN MECHANISMS. MCC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES FOR HIGH-RISK USES. CUSTOMER SHALL DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD MCC HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, ACTIONS, INCLUDING, LAWSUITS, ARBITRATIONS, AND/OR ADMINISTRATIVE ACTIONS, AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES) ARISING OUT OF CUSTOMER’S USE OF THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES FOR ANY HIGH-RISK USES, INCLUDING CLAIMS FOR PRODUCT LIABILITY, PERSONAL INJURY (INCLUDING DEATH) OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH CLAIMS ARE FOUNDED IN WHOLE OR IN PART UPON ALLEGED OR ACTUAL NEGLIGENCE OF MCC.
10. SYSTEM AND APPLICATION RESPONSIBILITY AND ADDITIONAL INDEMNITY. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT IT IS ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR VERIFYING AND VALIDATING THE SUITABILITY AND RELIABILITY OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES WHENEVER THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ARE INCORPORATED IN ITS SYSTEM OR APPLICATION, INCLUDING THE APPROPRIATE DESIGN, PROCESS, AND SAFETY LEVEL OF SUCH SYSTEM OR APPLICATION. FURTHER, CUSTOMER MUST TAKE PRUDENT STEPS TO PROTECT AGAINST PRODUCT AND SERVICE FAILURES WHEN PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ARE INCORPORATED IN A SYSTEM OR APPLICATION, INCLUDING PROVIDING BACK-UP AND SHUT-DOWN MECHANISMS. CUSTOMER SHALL DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD MCC HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, ACTIONS, INCLUDING LAWSUITS, ARBITRATIONS, AND/OR ADMINISTRATIVE ACTIONS, AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES) ARISING OUT OF CUSTOMER’S INCORPORATION OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES INTO ITS SYSTEM OR APPLICATION, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH CLAIMS ARE FOUNDED IN WHOLE OR IN PART UPON ALLEGED OR ACTUAL NEGLIGENCE OF MCC.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LIABILITY. MCC agrees to defend any third-party claim that alleges the Hardware, Software or Services infringe any U.S. patent, copyright, or trademark (“Claim”). Customer shall notify MCC immediately upon learning of any Claim, or any allegation that the grounds for a Claim may exist, shall grant MCC sole control over the defense and settlement of the Claim, and shall cooperate fully with MCC in preparing a defense for any Claim. MCC agrees to pay any final judgment or settlement resulting from any Claim, provided that the settlement is entered into in accordance with this Section. MCC shall not be liable for a settlement made without its prior written consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing, MCC shall have no obligation under this Section for any claim relating to or arising from (a) Customer’s modifications of Hardware, Software or Services; (b) failure to use Hardware, Software or Services in accordance with the applicable documentation provided by MCC; (c) the combination, operation, or use of Hardware, Software or Services with any hardware, software or service not provided by MCC; (d) the compliance of MCC with Customer’s specifications or directions, including the incorporation of any software or other materials provided by or requested by Customer; or (e) Non-MCC Branded Products.
The foregoing states the Customer's sole remedy for, and the entire liability and responsibility of MCC for, infringement of any patent, trademark, or copyright or other intellectual property rights. THIS LIMITED INDEMNITY IS IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER STATUTORY OR IMPLIED WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT.
In any event, if MCC believes in its reasonable opinion the Hardware, Software, or Services may be alleged to be infringing, for the purposes of mitigating any potential damages, MCC may, at its option, (i) procure for the Customer the right to continue to use the Hardware, Software, or Services; (ii) replace them with comparable Hardware, Software or Services that are free of such infringement; or (iii) refund the fees paid by Customer, in which case Customer shall promptly return the Hardware to MCC and/or terminate the use of the Software or Services.
12. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. MCC reserves all right, title, and interest in any intellectual property rights contained or embodied in Products, or resulting from the Services, including any custom developments created or provided by MCC under this Agreement. Nothing in this Agreement will be deemed to grant to Customer any ownership rights in such intellectual property.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. MCC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR (I) SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES; OR (II) ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (A) PRODUCTS OR SERVICES NOT BEING AVAILABLE FOR USE, INCLUDING ANY COSTS OF OBTAINING SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES; (B) LOSS OF, CORRUPTION OF, OR LOSS OF USE OF ANY PRODUCTS, HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR DATA; (C) LOSS OF REVENUE, PROFIT, OR BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY; (D) BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR DOWNTIME; OR (E) INABILITY TO ACHIEVE A PARTICULAR RESULT, EVEN IF IT IS AT SUGGESTION MADE BY MCC. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF MCC ARISING OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF THE FEES PAID BY CUSTOMER FOR THE SPECIFIC PRODUCT OR SERVICE GIVING RISE TO SUCH CLAIM. THIS SECTION: (1) APPLIES TO MCC AND ITS LICENSORS, DISTRIBUTORS, AND SUPPLIERS (INCLUDING ITS AND THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS), (2) REFLECTS AN ALLOCATION OF RISK BETWEEN MCC AND CUSTOMER IN VIEW OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, (3) APPLIES EVEN IF MCC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THE DAMAGES AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH CLAIMS ARE FOUNDED IN WHOLE OR IN PART UPON ALLEGED OR ACTUAL NEGLIGENCE OF MCC, AND (4) REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, OR OTHERWISE. TO THE EXTENT THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS UNENFORCEABLE OR FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, THE SOLE LIABILITY OF MCC TO CUSTOMER SHALL BE LIMITED TO $50,000 (USD).
14. FORCE MAJEURE. MCC shall not be responsible for any delay or failure to perform due to any cause beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of nature or governments; interruptions of telecommunications, power or transportation; failure of contractors or suppliers; or inability to obtain necessary labor or materials (“Force Majeure Event”). In the event of a Force Majeure Event, MCC reserves the right to cancel the applicable order without any liability to Customer.
15. EXPORT AND SANCTIONS LAWS AND COMPLIANCE. Products (which, for purposes of this Section, shall include the software and technology incorporated in or supplied with a Product and Service) purchased from MCC are subject to control under the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (15 CFR Part 730 et. seq.) administered by the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security (“BIS”) (www.bis.doc.gov) and other applicable U.S. export control laws and sanctions regulations, including those administered by the U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) (www.treas.gov/ofac). In addition, Products distributed from MCC’s distribution center in Europe are subject to control under the European Union (“EU”) Council Regulation No. 428/2009 and their export or intra-EU transfer may also be subject to additional licensing requirements under European Union Council Regulation No. 428/2009 and its implementing regulations. Products may not be exported or re-exported to any country where sanctions are imposed by the U.S. government (which currently includes Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Republic of Sudan and Syria but which may be modified by the U.S. government from time to time). Customer agrees it will comply with the export laws and trade sanctions of all applicable countries and will not export, re-export or transfer Products purchased from MCC without the required license(s), including an export or re-export license issued by the U.S. authorities, or to any prohibited destination or for a prohibited end-use. Products may also require export license(s) issued by the applicable authorities before being returned to MCC. The issuance of a Quote, a sales order acknowledgment, or an RMA by MCC is not an export license. Customer represents and warrants it is not ineligible or otherwise restricted by U.S. or applicable law to receive Products and it will not export, re-export, or provide Products to any person or entity on OFAC's List of Specially Designated Nationals or on BIS's Denied Persons List, Entity List or Unverified List or any other applicable restricted party list. MCC reserves the right to refuse and/or cancel any order if, at any time, MCC believes that any export controls or trade sanctions laws may be violated. See MCC.com/legal/export-compliance for more information.
16. GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas, U.S.A., without regard to principles of conflicts of laws. The parties submit to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in Travis County, Texas. The parties expressly agree that the provisions of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Products will not apply to this Agreement.
17. LIMITATION PERIOD. MCC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING UNDER THIS AGREEMENT BROUGHT MORE THAN TWO YEARS AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION FOR SUCH CLAIM FIRST AROSE.
18. UPDATES. MCC reserves the right to update this Agreement at any time, effective upon posting an updated version at http://www.mccdaq.com/legal.aspx; however, the terms and conditions in effect at the time of purchase shall apply to that purchase of Products or Services.
19. GENERAL TERMS. This Agreement, and any terms incorporated herein by reference, constitutes the entire Agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior understandings or agreements, whether written or oral, with respect to that subject matter. Customer acknowledges reading this Agreement, understands these terms, and agrees to be bound by them. This Agreement may not be altered, supplemented, or amended by the use of any other document unless otherwise agreed in writing by MCC. No delay or failure by MCC to exercise any right it has under this Agreement shall impair or be construed as a waiver of such right. A waiver of any provision of this Agreement must be in writing and shall not be construed as a waiver or modification of any other term hereof, or as a continuing waiver of any provision. The term ‘including’ as used in the Agreement should be construed as ‘including without limitation’. If any part, term, or provision of this Agreement is held illegal, unenforceable, or in conflict with any applicable and enforceable law, the validity of the remaining portions or provisions of this Agreement shall not be affected. The doctrine that any ambiguity contained in a contract shall be construed against the party whose counsel has drafted the contract is expressly waived by each of the parties with respect to this Agreement.