Use the User Preferences panel to set default options for displaying data, email and messaging notifications, and buffer size.
|User Preferences Tab|
|Dashboard Preferences||Displays options for setting data and alarm refresh rates.
- X-Axis Length: The length in samples of the X-axis. The default length is 50 samples. The maximum is 32,768 samples.
- Display FFT Plot: Enable to display the FFT plot on the Dashboard.
- Data Refresh Interval: The time in mS at which channel data is updated. Channel data is updated every 100 mS by default.
- Alarm Refresh Interval: The time in mS at which alarm data is updated. Alarm data is updated every 1,000 mS by default.
|Alarm Preferences||Displays the default address used to receive email and SMS messaging notifications.
- Default Email To: The email address used for alarm notifications via email. You can specify any valid email address here. This address will be used as a default address when setting up a new alarm with an email action. The email will send using the email server you defined in the Device tab. You can change the email action email address to a different address with the Alarms tab on the Job Editor.
- Default SMS To: The phone number used for alarm notifications via SMS text messaging. You can specify any valid phone number and SMS gateway here (usually in the form 'firstname.lastname@example.org', but varies). This number and SMS gateway will be used as the default when setting up a new alarm with a text message action. The text message will send using the email server you defined in the Device tab. You can change the text message action SMS number and gateway to a different one with the Alarms tab on the Job Editor.
|Data File Preferences||Displays options for setting the default buffer size used when displaying data from a file. Separate values can be set for computers and mobile devices. When a file containing a data set larger than this value is opened from the Data Files window, a dialog is presented to select a subset of the data from the file.
- Default Buffer Size: Sets the maximum amount of data that will be selected for the data plot when a WebDAQ data file is opened from the Data Files window using a desktop or laptop computer. The default value for buffer size is 10 MB.
- Default Mobile Buffer Size: Sets the maximum amount of data that will be selected for the data plot when a WebDAQ data file is opened from the Data Files window using a mobile device. The default value for mobile buffer size is 1 MB.